Rally Your Crew, Human or Ridden
Back 4 Blood is back in action with a short but action-packed trailer that showcases what players can expect from the upcoming Open Beta. The video isn’t even a full minute long, but it does an excellent job of capturing the experience, atmosphere, and frantic co-op and PVP gameplay that will be featured.
The Open Beta will include the all-new PvP mode, “Swarm,” which will allow two separate squads of four players to face-off until one wins three rounds. Each round will swap who plays as the Cleaners and who plays as the Ridden, allowing you to experience both sides of the conflict.
Fans of Left 4 Dead will probably love Swarm mode, particularly the six different Ridden variants that are playable, but the Open Beta will also be adding some additional campaign content. It will also feature cross-play and cross-gen support.
Key features of the Back 4 Blood Open Beta will include:
- Two maps for the “Swarm” PvP mode
- Two co-op maps to fight off Ridden with your friends
- Play as Mom for the first time, as well as other Cleaners: Evangelo, Holly, Walker and Hoffman
- Play as six different Ridden variants in “Swarm,” including the Bruiser, Retch, Hocker, Exploder, Crusher and Stinger
- Various weapons to check out, cards to build decks and Ridden to slay
- Explore the Fort Hope communal hub
- Cross-play and cross-gen support
This sounds like a great time for any fan of zombies and totally-not-zombies-we-swear but be warned, the Open Beta is only available for a limited time. The Open Beta will officially run from August 12th-16th, but an Early Access period will be available for players who pre-ordered the game.
If you pre-ordered Back 4 Blood, you can log into this earlier Open Beta period between August 5th-9th. Or you can sign up at https://back4blood.com/en-us/beta for a chance to get into the Early Access portion. Just be aware that access codes are limited.
Back 4 Blood will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One Consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC on Oct. 12, 2021.
Will you be playing Back 4 Blood’s Open Beta? Let us know down in the comments, or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.
Source: Press Release