The Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that offers a plethora of different video games on both Xbox and PC as well as the Cloud system, which has been working quite well. The Xbox Game Pass receives consistent updates with major monthly additions, for example, in the month of June, Darkest Dungeon and For Honor were added to the platform, while other games already on the platform include Halo, Star Wars, NBA, Madden and FIFA. Essentially, the Xbox Game Pass offers great value on a budget in both the Ultimate and Standard Editions. As the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase is only a few days away, Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox and Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, spoke on the future of Xbox in the gaming sphere. Furthermore, Will Tuttle, Xbox’s Editor in Chief, made a statement concerning the positive growth of the Xbox Game Pass.
In Mr. Tuttle’s release, the following major points were made:
- More than 90% of the members of the Xbox Game Pass played a game that they would not have without a subscription;
- Partners see 8x more engagement once they join the Game Pass system;
- The EA Play and Xbox Game Pass partnership has done well for both parties;
- Both Square Enix’s Outriders and MLB The Show 21 saw great success on the Xbox Game Pass platform;
- Xbox is working with a wide variety of companies including telecommunication and TV manufacturers to make the platform much more accessible;
- With more than twenty-three studios under the Xbox umbrella, the goal of the company is to release one first party game into Game Pass every quarter.
The conversation between Mr. Spencer and Mr. Nadella focused on Xbox’s love for video games and the industry, as well as the role that Microsoft can play as gaming continues to grow. The conversation culminated in this quote by Mr. Spencer, “We’ve created an entire organization dedicated to empowering the game industry and developers of every size.”.