Sounds Like a Friendly Place
Fans of the award-winning and highly successful Warhammer: Vermintide 2 are in for a treat as the free Chaos Wastes expansion is finally coming to consoles. Xbox owners will be able to play this instant hit on June 3rd, and while PlayStation owners will be slightly delayed, they should be able to begin the journey later that month. Chaos Wastes adds the next chapter to Warhammer: Vermintide 2’s ongoing story, wherein the players must try to reach the Citadel of Eternity–emphasis on the word ‘try.’ The trip will be a difficult one, and only the pure of heart will be able to complete it. In practice, this means that players will have to leave all their fancy gear behind and challenge the Chaos Wastes with only basic equipment and their hard-earned skill. This trailer should give you an idea of what that will be like.
This new adventure will take place in a constantly shifting region with no map, where no two journeys are the same. Even better, the Chaos Wastes expansion will bring with it the Twitch Integration mode, allowing audiences to join in on the adventure and vote on what should happen next.
Key features will include:
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be traded for godly favor or weapons along the path. A wise traveler hoards them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials – Those seeking additional challenges while on their Pilgrimage can find them by means of the rare Chests of Trials. Opening a Chest of Trials draws the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat the foe, and claim the reward.
- Shrines – Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes. Heroes can seek the favor of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not earned without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altars – A weapon stash that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible through sacrificing Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weaponry to be found within.
- Potions – The road is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits… perhaps enough to help even the odds on a long and difficult journey.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Chaos Wastes will be available on June 3rd, 2021, for Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S as a free download. It will be available on PS4 and PS5 later that month.
SOURCE: Press Release