Seems We Have Another Nightmare on Our Hands
Do you remember Figment, the gorgeous isometric game we described as ‘what it would have been like if Dr. Seuss had made a video game’? We do, so needless to say we were thrilled to hear that Figment 2: Creed Valley was coming down the pipeline. And better yet, the devs decided to announce it the same way they advertised the first game: with a musical trailer! No, don’t cover your ears. It’s a good song, we promise, and an excellent lead-up to the kind of surreal atmosphere, spooky monsters, and dreamlike environments you can expect from Figment 2.
Players will take up a sword and their own determination and delve into the bizarre world of the human psyche. Gather your courage, drive off nightmares, and restore peace to a troubled soul. A fantastical and creepy adventure awaits. Also, there will be musical boss fights, and we are living for it.
Game features include:
- Hone your sword: Hack, slash and dodge in real-time action through the obstacles the nightmares send your way.
- Rack your brain: Unravel mind-bending puzzles paving the path to restore peace, make that crumbling mind whole again with your solving skills.
- Shift between 2 states: Open-minded? Closed-minded? Switch back and forth between the two perspectives to alter reality and matter.
- Epic musical showdowns: Fight glorious, rhythmic boss battles set to colourful songs and fend off existential dread!
- A surreal and stunning world: Explore beautiful hand drawn environments inspired by the human’s psyche, halfway between Magritte and Disney.
Figment 2: Creed Valley Prologue is now available for free download. The full game will be released later this year on PC.