All the Grimdark, Twice the Fantasy
Warhammer’s videogame resurgence continues with this next-gen update to a classic game. Warhammer: Chaosbane – Slayer Edition returns you to the legendary setting of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Players will find themselves in the heart of the Old World, on a continent scarred by the forces of Chaos, and you know what that means. Time to avenge your losses and scour the Chaos incursion from the land! You can play as a High Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf, Dwarf Engineer, or the new exclusive race, Witch Hunter. Or you could be a Human. Yeah, that’s an option too, though we’ve got no idea why you’d go for the boring option. Warhammer Fantasy doesn’t even have Space Marines, guys. You could do better.
This updated version contains all 12 available DLC packs, all additional content, and a 40k 60FPS experience. And that’s not all–it also features:
- 6 character classes, each with unique gameplay, skills and equipment, including the all-new Witch Hunter.
- An XXL bestiary with over 70 monsters aligned with the Chaos gods and epic boss battles.
- New, redesigned environments and new content added, with a new area – the cemetery – and new enemies to fight.
- Optimized for co-op: solo or up to 4 players, local or online, the classes and interface have been optimized for cooperative play and synergies between characters.
- High replay value: as well as the Story mode, new game experiences can always be found thanks to a boss rush mode, countless dungeons and regular updates.
The Xbox Series S|X launch today and so does this next-gen edition of Warhammer: Chaosbane. If you crave more Warhammer goodness, check it out. The game is also available on Steam, Xbox One, and PS4, and will be available on PS5 at launch.
How do you feel about Warhammer minus Space Marines? Let us know down in the comments, or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.