Plus “Queued for Download” Solution
While the PlayStation 5 has gotten off to a fantastic start – being nearly impossible to find across the globe – the infant console fresh from the minds at Sony hasn’t come without its hiccups. Users have reported a number of issues that have plagued the system over the last several days, including an error code that has been causing games to crash and a bug that has been preventing downloads from completing.
If you’ve been a victim of either of these two issues, this is the fix you’ve been looking for. While an official patch hasn’t been released to iron these errors out, these workarounds should at least get you back in the game while Sony figures out a more permanent solution.
PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1 Fix
- If this error occurs after launching a game, delete the game in which the error occurs from Settings > Storage, and reinstall the game.
- Start your PS5 in Safe Mode and perform “5. Rebuild Database”.
- If the error occurs again, reset your PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the application again. (Please take a backup of all sorts of your data in advance.)
- If the above means do not work, please contact PlayStation Support.
“Queued for Download” Fix
- Please update the system software to the latest version.
- Turn off your console by pressing the power button. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Start your PS5 in safe mode then rebuild the database.
Have you been enjoying your PlayStation 5? Maybe you’ve had a chance to check out the gorgeous ray-tracing found in Spider-Man: Miles Morales? Sound off in the comment section below.
Thank you for keeping it locked on COGconnected.
- For amazing videos, head over to our YouTube page HERE.
- Follow us on Twitter HERE.
- Our Facebook page HERE.
- Our Instagram page HERE.
- Listen to our podcast on Spotify or anywhere you listen to podcasts.
- If you are a fan of cosplay, check out more of our cosplay features HERE.