Rootin’, Tootin’, Lootin’
We are still in the first month of Red Dead Redemption 2’s PC release. There have been performance issues, but there are almost always a few updates needed before a game really runs the way it is meant to. That being said, Rockstar has been hard at work trying to fix those issues and in their most recent blog, they said they “believe the vast majority of performance issues for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC have now been resolved.” They went on to announce that Red Dead Online PC players will be gifted some items for their patience with them.
PC players that have played from anywhere between launch and the holiday season (so basically any point up to now) will receive the Prieto Poncho outfit for free. It can be picked up from any Camp Wardrobe or clothing store. In addition, they will get a complimentary care package filled with all sorts of premium ammo and consumables:
- 100x Revolver Express Ammo
- 100x Pistol Express Ammo
- 100x Repeater Express Ammo
- 100x Rifle Express Ammo
- 100x Shotgun Slugs
- 20x Shotgun Incendiary Buckshot Slugs
- 20x Fire Arrows
- 20x Poison Throwing Knives
- 20x Volatile Fire Bottles
- 10x Potent Miracle Tonic – fully restores Health, Stamina and Dead Eye and Fortifies moderately
- 3x Horse Reviver – revives Horse from severe injury and moderately restores its Health
- 10x Minty Big Game – fully restores all Cores and yields a Gold Health Core
- 20x Baked Beans – moderately restores Health Core and Stamina Core
Hot diggity! This care package can be picked up from any Post Office or Camp Lock Box. If you have not yet created a Red Dead Online player, you will have 24 hours to claim it once you do. Rockstar also says that when the next major update releases on all platforms in December, PC players will also get a Marino Bandolier outfit, plus a new holsters, and another care package. Red Dead Redemption 2 is out now on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Google Stadia.
Will you be making use of this care package? Let us know in the comments below.