Going From Xbox One to Project Scarlett Is One Heck of an Upgrade
The Xbox All Access payment plan got reintroduced on Monday for consumers in the US, UK, and Australia. The plan involves monthly payments of $19.99 USD made across 24 months. After 18 payments have been made, an option (for US and UK payers) to upgrade to Project Scarlett will become available when the console launches in Holiday 2020.
“Players in the U.S. and U.K. who purchase an Xbox One console with Xbox All Access have the option to upgrade to Project Scarlett once it’s available Holiday 2020 and they’ve made 18 payments,” an Xbox Wire post explained. “Players in Australia can buyout their hardware at any time and upgrade to Project Scarlett once it’s available.”
“Xbox All Access will be available beginning on October 29 in Australia, November 5 in the U.K. and November 18 in the U.S. through select partners and retailers,” the post also read.
Joining the payment plan gives consumers the option of picking between a variety of Xbox One consoles that each come with one Xbox One controller and a 24-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. In the US and UK, there are payment options for the Xbox One X, Xbox One S, and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition. However, those in Australia will have to choose between two Forza Horizon 4 bundles.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to join Xbox All Access, according to Xbox Wire:
- In order to join the program, simply visit a participating retailer.
- Select the console you would like to purchase with no upfront cost.^
- Qualify with our financing partner (Citizens Bank in the U.S.; Klarna in the U.K.; Telstra in Australia). Once approved, complete your purchase with the retailer.
- Once you’ve signed up and brought your console home, it’s time to power up and game on.
Notably, there’s also a limited time offer for those in the US and UK “who purchase an Xbox One X with Xbox All Access through December 31, 2019”. Those payers will “have the option to upgrade to the next Xbox console in as few as 12 months and once Project Scarlett has officially launched.”
Xbox Wire also gave details about the participating retailers for the payment plan in each region:
- Australia: In-person and Online at Telstra
- U.K.: In-store at GAME or in-person and online at Smyths Toys
- U.S.: Online from Amazon.com