We Happy Few DLC Adds a Sci-Fi Twist
Today marks the launch of We Happy Few‘s first story-based DLC “They Came From Below,” a new sci-fi adventure set in Wellington Wells, the setting of the main game.
They Came From Below features James and Rogers, two familiar NPC’s from the main game, in an all-new story. Here’s what its all about:
“Wellington Wells stands besieged by a robot uprising, but the mechanized menace isn’t the only thing threatening to tear our pair apart. Play as Roger and team up with your boyfriend James to Find Dr. Faraday, explore a vast underground laboratory, and discover the source of the robot invaders before it’s too late!”
Below is a list of new features:
- Following up from the award-nominated writing of We Happy Few, enjoy a brand new story in Wellington Wells with a classic sci-fi twist
- Adventure into 100% handcrafted new areas and levels like Dr. Faraday’s secret laboratory
- Take up shining new weapons and tools like the transforming ray gun and the time-slowing Chronobomb to test the mettle of a cadre of new robot foes
- Uncover the puzzling purpose of the Curious Device and feel clever doing it
- Stay focused on the mission and adventure—crafting, survival, and Joy mechanics have been removed from this adventure.
- Challenge yourself in a new boss fight unlike any other in We Happy Few
The new DLC is available today on Steam, GOG, Xbox One, and PS4. If you already paid for the Season Pass ($19.99) you can start downloading it for free, otherwise, it’ll cost you $7.99. Developer Compulsion Games has confirmed that two more DLC’s are in the works.
We gave We Happy Few a 70/100 on the COGconnected review scale when it released last year.
Are you excited for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section down below.
SOURCE: Press Release