The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Available Now
The comedy point-and-click adventure game, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, is out now for the Nintendo Switch, announced THQ Nordic in a press release. Watch the surprisingly funny trailer below, which takes a few punches at industry trends.
Developed by German developer King Art Games (who also developed the original game in 2011), The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 puts players in control of four different characters — Wilbur, Ivo, Nate and Critter — in a “lovingly created fantasy world” full of classic point-and-click puzzles.
Here’s a bit more of what to expect from the game:
The thrilling story and the usual BoUT humour with its numerous nods to fantasy elements and colourful characters guarantee over 20 hours of fun gameplay.
- Epic fantasy story with over 20 hours of gameplay
- Classic BoUT humour packed with references to Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Discworld, Game of Thrones or World of Warcraft to name a few
- Hundreds of crazy, surprisingly logical puzzles
- Four playable heroes. One of them is pink.
- Projection-mapping technology combines the great features of 2D and 3D
- Orchestral soundtrack with all the classic and many new works
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 originally came out in 2015 for PC. It later saw consoles ports on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 in September of the same year. A Wii U version also came out in June 2016.
The Switch version is available right now from the Switch’s eShop or in retail stores for $29.99 USD.
In our launch review back in 2015, we called the game “a must-play game for those who enjoy adventure games of this style – but it definitely sticks to the tried-and-true point n’ click genre.”
Will you be playing this on your Switch? Leave us a comment down below.
SOURCE: Press Release