The Wild West Will Expand
The Wild West is big but not endless, which is why Rockstar Games is looking to expand. Red Dead Online is scheduled to receive a host of new features, the developer announced, including a new game mode by the name of Gun Rush.
In addition to Gun Rush, Rockstar Games has promised new gameplay features “across the board” for Red Dead Online. Players can expect more in the Showdown Series and new Races. Plus, thanks to player feedback, there will be new daily assignments that net undisclosed rewards. You get the idea; there will be more to come.
Here are the upcoming features outlined thus far.
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
Alongside some new features, we can expect new online content. Characters that already have a role in the online campaign will receive additional screen time. New missions, weapons, and clothing await.
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- Plus new weapons and clothing, and lots more that we’re not quite ready to announce just yet…
Rockstar hasn’t settled on a release date for their new content, so stay tuned for updates in the first months of 2019. Red Dead Online is available with Red Dead Redemption 2, which can be found on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
SOURCE: Rockstar Games