Goin’ to Hoenn
Niantic has announced a surprise two-week event in Pokemon GO starting tomorrow that puts the spotlight on Hoenn region Pokemon.
The event starts tomorrow, January 15th at 1pm PST (4pm EST), and runs until January 29th at the same time.
Niantic included event details that you can check out right here:
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Field Research will highlight Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
- Raid Battles will include Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, such as the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
- If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
- You’ll have a chance of encountering Shiny Zigzagoon and Shiny Taillow!
- New avatar items inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua—the original villains of the Hoenn region in Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire—will be available in the Style Shop.
Pokemon GO is also currently running an Adventure Sync Hatchathon that offers double hatch candy and hatch startdust, along with a higher chances of receiving 5km and 10km eggs from Pokestops and Gyms. There’s also a single-day Feebas-focused event coming on the 19th. Let us know if you’re looking forward to these events in the comments!
SOURCE: Pokemon GO Live