A Precursor to Spider-Man’s First DLC
Webheads, the next patch for Marvel’s Spider-Man on the PlayStation 4 is available now. What do you have to sling forward to? Well, developer Insomniac delivered a few more features.
Spider-Man update 1.08 is, in part, a precursor to “The Heist” DLC that is due to arrive next week. The download shall take up 4.6 GB of space on your PS4’s hard drive. Those hard-earned gigabytes shall be allocated to the implementation of a New Game Plus, which fans have long anticipated. On top of that, players can expect a new “Ultimate” difficulty mode, which can offset the overpowered skills carried over from the first playthrough.
The update also comes with a couple of trophies – They’re meant for the DLC. One of them can be achieved through the completion of “The Heist” story mission. Insomniac also tweaked the photo mode a bit, just to give players some more options. Last but not least, the game received a few bug fixes. The patch notes for Spider-Man update 1.08 are available for perusal down below.
- Added support for “The City That Never Sleeps – The Heist” story pack.
- Added New Game+.
- Added Ultimate difficulty.
- Added 2 new Trophies.
- Added the ability to rotate layers in Photo Mode.
- Added new frames and stickers to Photo Mode.
- Added a shortcut option to trigger Photo Mode via the left directional button.
Fixes & Updates
- Tuned Friendly combat difficulty based on player feedback.
- Added a max health cap of 250 and normalized players.
- Added a potential solution for a crash related to graphical artifacting.
- Addressed an issue where players could respawn inside a building in the Financial District.
- Addressed an issue where animation during cinematics could break due to hard drive streaming.
- Addressed an issue where pedestrians would disappear for a frame in the distance.
- Addressed an issue where combat music would persist in the open world after completing a Sable Base.
- Addressed various additional issues.
Are you ready for Spider-Man’s first DLC? Of course, you are.