A Family Affair in Arkham
Since the gaming community ironically caught Rocksteady’s absence at E3 2018, speculation on their next project has skyrocketed. If you’re in Greg Miller’s camp, you’re hoping for a Superman game – The lengthy silence around the project has led many to believe it’s about another superhero. According to a new whistleblower, however, it’s another Batman game in the vein of Arkham.
The latest rumor comes from PlayStation Lifestyle. While we love the guys over there, they didn’t say jack about who leaked the info. So, take everything we’re about to say with a grain of salt. At the very least, you will find it interesting. Here’s everything that the individual(s) leaked about the new game:
- Release Date: Fall 2019
- Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
- Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
- Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
- Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
- Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
- Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
- There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
- Main Villain: Court of Owls
- Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
- Every character is available in free roam.
- Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
- Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
- Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
- Stealth segments make you work together
- Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
- Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
- New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual
- takedown to get them down)
- Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
- Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
- This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
Last month, Rocksteady job listings revealed the studio was seeking top talent to develop a game with a high Metacritic score. Some folk thought it was the leaked Harry Potter game, but that’s being helmed by Avalanche Software. Do you believe in the rumor? Are you ready for another game set in the Batman universe? More importantly, which of the listed features makes this whole thing sound unlikely? Comment your thoughts down below.
SOURCE: PlayStation Lifestyle