Available for Free on the iOS App Store and Googe Play
Just in time for Halloween, Ghostbusters World has officially launched globally today on iOS and Android, it has been announced. It is available for free from the Apple App Store and Googe Play Store and is the latest mobile game to emulate the Pokemon Go experience. You can see the launch trailer below.
As was previously announced, Ghostbusters World is exactly what you think it is. Players can make an avatar of themselves, strap on a proton pack, and go out with friends on ghost patrols. Your surrounding neighbourhood is teeming with hundreds of ghosts — including favourites from the movies, TV shows, comic books, and more — that can be captured then used in teams to battle “in the ghost dimension.”
Below is a lit of cool features for the game:
- Bust Ghosts in Your Neighborhood: Go out and capture ghosts appearing all over the real world with stunningly realistic ghostbusting action made possible through Google’s ARCore and Apple’s ARKit technology.
- Don’t Cross the Streams: Take on massive bosses like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man with up to four other players in co-op raid action!
- Go Solo: Enjoy a single player story campaign written and illustrated by the minds behind the beloved IDW comic book series.
- Get Your Ghosts Going: Assemble and upgrade your very own ghost squad and face off in asynchronous PVP team battles against other Ghostbusters.
- Gear Up: Upgrade your equipment, get perks, and purchase new gear to take down bigger and better ghosts—fast.
Ghostbusters World is a giant collaboration between Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Ghost Corps, publisher FourThirtyThree Inc. (4:33), and developer Next Age.
Are you interested in giving this a spin? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE: Press Release