Cities: Skylines Just Got Even Bigger With New Industries Expansion
Cities: Skylines has been expanded today with the release of Industries, a new update that puts one of the games three zones front and centre. It is available right now on PC, Mac, and Linux for only $14.99 USD.
Described as one of the most in-depth expansions yet, Industries essentially makes, er, Industry a larger and more meaningful part of Cities: Skylines. Players will be able to build unique factories and customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types. A well-managed industrial area means it’ll level up faster and become more efficient. There’s also a new city service for handling mail and airport cargo. If that wasn’t enough, expect five new maps, new policies, new city services, buildings and a ton more.
“With this expansion, players can make more meaningful choices in their cities’ industry by managing their production chains from grain to bread,” said Sandra Neudinger, Product Manager from Paradox Interactive. “The players have been asking for an industrial expansion for a while, so we’re excited to finally offer a full-featured approach.”
Below are some key features of Industries:
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Wonk Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
In addition to Industries, also releasing today is a new radio channel called Synthetic Dawn Radio for $3.99 and a free content update. Synthetic Dawn Radio features 16 new songs across four genres: 80’s Electro, Vocoding Electro, Breakbeats, and Futuristic Synths. The free content update adds toll booths and road tolls. Players can also mark zoned buildings as historical as well as create custom name lists for citizens, districts, and buildings.
Are you planning to dive into the new expansion? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE: Press Release