God of War Update 1.20 Is Live
Since even before the game release, fans have sought the creative joys of photo mode for God of War. Be at ease. Sony Santa Monica has heard our please, and the team has delivered the new mode with Update 1.20.
As promised, the new Photo Mode for God of War is something special and comes with a variety of features. There are filters to change the look of your environment, to capture the grimness of the world—or the beauty—and to save epic moments from your battles in the nine realms. PlayStation’s latest blog post came with instructions, as well as a heartfelt thanks from the studio to the fans.
“We at Santa Monica Studio have been blown away by the massive outpouring of positivity from our players, peers and the community over the global release of God of War. The last couple of weeks have been an exciting and humbling ride for us and we’d like to thank everyone for your love, support and for playing!
“While you’ve been busy enjoying the game, we’ve been hard at work preparing Photo Mode for prime time. And the wait is over! With Patch 1.20, you’ll be able to jump into the director’s chair and experience God of War through the lens of your own camera. Just fire up the game, ensure you’re connected online, and you’ll be prompted to update.
Now then, in order to access God of War Photo Mode, it’s as easy as accessing the Options tab in the menu. Navigating the scene is as easy as moving around the left and right joysticks. Panning up and down can be done via R2 and L2. For customization your special shot, there are a total of five tabs you can tinker with:
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F-Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity, and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. And my personal favorite, we’ve added the ability to change Kratos and Atreus’s facial expressions!
Have fun with the new Photo Mode. Until more updates come our way, Happy gaming. And for info on new God of War emoji stickers for your phone, visit the PlayStation Blog.