A New, Definitive Fortnite Has Arrived
As a belated Valentine’s day gift to show their love for their fans, Epic Games has released their latest patch. In Fortnite, bugs have been fixed, new gameplay elements have been introduced, and new skins and items have been added to rewards. It gets better. Xbox One X owners can enjoy everything in full 4K resolution.
According to Fortnite Patch 2.5.0, Epic Games has implemented visual upgrades and fixes across the board. This month’s skins (Save the World) celebrate Lunar New Year, a new pulse grenade has been added to Battle Royale, and devs have reduced the time it takes to download patches on the PS4. Of course, there are the usual balances to weapons and fine-tuning of the game. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, in particular, shall enjoy graphic upsampling. However, only the Xbox One X, will witness full 4K resolution. You can view the General notes below:
- Enabled dynamic resolution and high quality temporal upsampling on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Dynamic resolution gives more consistent framerate during heavy combat and increases visual fidelity when load on the GPU is lighter.
- Full 4K Resolution now supported on Xbox One X.
- Added a key binding for “Toggle Pickaxe” on PC.
- PC + Mac Social Panel has been expanded to make browsing long lists of friends easier.
- Added distinctive sound variations when starting to build with Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Fixed multiple scenarios where connectivity errors would block login.
- Improved XMPP connection recovery on console.
- Optimized XMPP payloads.
- Removed extra queries when returning from match.
- Removed redundant store queries.
Fortnite’s full update notes are available at EpicGames.com. It is a hefty list jam-packed with changes to visuals, audio, and gameplay. Changes apply to both Save the World and Battle Royale modes. Currently, Save the World players can enjoy the “Spring it On!” event that kicks off today, which introduces a new currency, new quests, and new rewards. Time to earn those llamas.