A Complete Overhaul of Divisions Will Launch With 2nd DLC for Call of Duty: WWII
Sledgehammer has recently announced that their latest update, coming next week, is set to offer a complete overhaul for the Divisions class system on Call of Duty: WWII. Of course, as it drops alongside the upcoming second DLC on Tuesday, there will be a ton of brand new content/changes to throw you for a loop.
In a new developer update video, Greg Reisdorf, the Principal Multiplayer Designer for Sledgehammer Games took a couple minutes to discuss some of the changes set to drop for WWII in just a few days time. Some of the changes include a complete overhaul of the Divisions system, as well as a few different changes that should make multiplayer a better experience for everyone. You can check out the video below.
As you might have noticed, all of the changes being made stem directly from player feedback, meaning that Sledgehammer is not only listening to their fans but also striving to make Call of Duty: WWII a better game each and every day. One of the biggest changes coming in the latest update is the complete removal of two Basic Training perks: Primed and Banged. Yes, you read that right; say goodbye to inconsistent gun fights! In addition to this, and my favorite change of them all, players will be able to add a third attachment to all primary weapons, not just when using the Infantry Division. In addition to these big changes, everyone will have unlimited sprint, and everyone will be able to carry a launcher as a secondary. So what does that mean for each of the Divisions? You can check out the changes below.
1) Additional Primary Attachment
2) Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
3) While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
4) Move faster while aiming
1) Fire guns while sprinting & diving
2) Reload while sprinting
3) Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
4) Sprint faster over time
1) Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
2) Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
3) Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
4) Greatly reduced flinch when shot
1) Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
2) Killed enemy death locations hidden
3) No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
4) Silent movement
1) Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
2) Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
3) Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
4) Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
1) Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
2) Enemy movements are easier to hear
3) Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
4) Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
You can check out the full list of patch notes from Sledgehammer here. Are you excited about the changes or are you happy with the way things are? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and keep it locked for updates!