Vagante Coming to Consoles on January 27
BlitWorks has announced that Vagante will be launching on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and the Switch on January 27. It is currently already available on Steam, where it has been positively received.
Vagante is a roguelite with an emphasis on combat. Something that does help it stand out is that it offers co-op! Both online land offline with up to three friends. That isn’t something you see in a lot of 2-D roguelites. Having a game like that where I can play with my friends really helps it stand out.
- Support for up to 4 players Local and Online Co-op – Join your friends and jump into the adventure!
- Class-based, Choose How You Play – Choose a unique class, skin, and background, then customize your character further as you play with your choice of unique class skills at each level.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons – With procedurally generated levels, no two runs are ever the same, allowing for countless hours of gameplay.
- Permadeath and permanent specializations unlock system – As players progress further in the adventure, they will count with a broader range of playstyles, their characters won’t be technically stronger, but instead, their experience and learnings will make their skills improve over time.
- Enchanted Items – Discover magic items that bestow powerful enchantments and game-changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets – Keep track of unlocked classes, backgrounds, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore a Rich World – Explore four unique areas, each with their own set of dangers such as monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
- Tough, but Fair – Play a game designed for players looking for a challenging but rewarding experience.
I love the art style of Vagante, which was inspired by games such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Vagrant Story. A class-based roguelite that you can play with your friends sounds like a game I’d be interested in. I know I’ll check it out once it launches on the Switch here soon.
Source: Press Release