SpellForce 3 Reforced Out Today
SpellForce 3 Reforced is out today on PC. This upgraded edition of SpellForce 3 is a free upgrade if you already own the game on PC. SpellForce 3 Reforced adds several improvements, fixes, new game modes, and new features.
Here are some key upgrades and additions:
- Enhanced campaign experience
- Visually and functionally enhanced User Interface used in the expansions
- Full Gamepad Support for controls and UI
- A new skirmish map, “Bitter Canyon,” set in a mountainous environment
- Journey Mode: An additional game mode similar to the original SpellForce’s “Free Game Mode”, providing more than 20 hours of unique content and a lot of replay value. Can be played in Co-op!
- Journey Skirmish: Play PvP skirmish matches against other players with your journey heroes
- Arena Mode: An additional endless game mode where you start with a fresh character, fight against waves of monsters, and buy loot and spells from merchants to compete with other players in the leaderboards, which can also be played in Co-op
- Improved Mod Support and mod support for the new Journey and Arena modes. Create your own Journey or arena maps and share them with the community.
The devs have clearly listed to fan feedback because they put in the work to create a new edition to fix issues they and/or fans have with the game.
I think these enhanced editions are great for games, however, they do need to be free for my stance to stick here. I don’t think it is fair to punish fans for buying early by releasing a new and better version shortly after they bought the game.
Above all, these enhanced editions need to bring notable changes. Devs can prove they are listening to fans and create the best version of their game that they can.
Source: Press Release