Live Out Your Nightmares in 4K
Just when you thought the nightmare was over, it returns in stunning high-definition for next-gen–well, current-gen at this point–consoles. Bandai Namco welcomes you back into the dark and twisted world of Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition, showing off the grotesque setting and foes on a graphical and audio level you’ve never seen before.
Launched at Gamescom 2021, Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition brings the critically-acclaimed title–which has sold over 2 million units–to PS5 and Xbox Series S|X. This horror franchise is doing well for itself, and to reflect that, Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition will be free on consoles for users who already own the PlayStation 4 or the Xbox One version of the game. PC players will be able to acquire it through a patch.
This new version adds two modes, Performance mode and Beauty mode. Performance mode will put the game in 2160p and 60 fps, while Beauty mode will boost the game’s resolution up to 4K with a dynamic resolution and 30 fps for those who crave the highest definition nightmares available.
Game features include:
- Beauty Mode* – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode* – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and PC.