A Spooky Scary Walk in the Woods
The Blair Witch is back and spookier than ever in Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition, an enhanced and updated version of the Blair Witch VR game. This version promises better models, improved lighting, further draw distance, a backpack, and improved AI for your trusty canine companion, Bullet, who is a good dog and would never jumpscare you. Right, Bullet?
In this game, players take on the role of Ellis, a former cop with a dark past, as he ventures out into the foreboding Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. He’s looking for a missing boy, but what he finds is something far worse. Take a look at this ominous trailer for a glimpse at the game’s eerie environments and smothering atmosphere.
Key features to this version include:
Improved Dog commands for Bullet:
- Pet Bullet to make sure he knows he’s a good boy
- Change up his look with a variety of new collars
- Give Bullet treats. In the VR edition, he’ll take them right from your hand
- Bullet can help you track scents through the forest, just give him an object to sniff
- Enjoy the company of your best buddy and shake his paw any time
- Environments have been redesigned for more interactivity
- Objects to catch, throw, or stack on top of each other
- A marker to draw on paper and other objects
- Drawers, doors, gates, and car trunk open at a touch
- Breaking branches
- Operation of mechanical elements: handles, buttons, opening locks with a key, padlock codes, etc…
- New control system
- New sounds and in-game events to surprise and scare the player.
- Additional creature encounters
The ability to pet Bullet alone makes for a very tempting VR experience, but even beyond that, Blair Witch has gotten an incredibly well-received VR upgrade. If you haven’t already had a chance to check this title out, now is a great time to do it. The forest is waiting.
Blair Witch: Oculus Rift Edition is now available in the Oculus Store. The game will be launching for PSVR later this Summer.