A New Addition to The Thing‘s Haunting Legacy
Antarctica. 14.2 square kilometers of ice and rock, a stretch of land twice the size of Australia and virtually uninhabited. It’s one of the least hospitable environments the earth has to offer. No wonder people are scared of it. And where there’s fear, there’s sure to be survival horror games. Buried in Ice presents a nightmarish experience of being trapped in an isolated Antarctic base, leaving you unarmed, imprisoned by crewmates who blame you for the disaster, and under assault by a shapeshifting threat. You already tried to kill this thing once–you can’t fail again. All the while, the same thoughts keep echoing through your head: “Have I brought this… THING with me? Or did IT make me to find new victims?”
Buried in Ice is a first-person survival horror RPG that tasks you with surviving at all costs in the frozen Antarctic wastes… and finding a way to destroy the shapeshifting creature which hunts you. As long as that thing is out there, suspicious crewmates, lack of supplies, the risk of contaminated food, and the need to find or craft a weapon are the least of your worries. Unless the creature starts contaminating the food, sabotaging the base, and possessing the others. That could be a real problem.
Game features include:
- Remember that team play is the key to success. Staying together means staying alive. If you‘re alone for too long, it will bring an end to your story.
- Survive in the most unfriendly environment on Earth. Remember that hunger, cold, stress, or contamination can be as fatal as the THING that’s hunting you.
- Test your moral boundaries. Co-operate with other members of the team, help them survive or steal, cheat, run away, destroy, and kill. It’s up to you how this story will end.
- Trust no one. Teamwork might be the only key to survival, but at the same time, you’ll never be sure who remained human and who was already possessed by the THING.
- Remember that time is running out. Try to either escape or kill the THING as soon as possible because if you happen to become the last one standing, it may mean that you’re not human anymore…
Buried in Ice will be released on PC at an upcoming date.