Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Debuts on the UK Chart at Number Two, Pokémon Takes the Glory

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Debuts Strong on the UK Charts This Past Week

Despite all of the anticipation surrounding EA and Respawn’s latest title, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, it appears that Pokémon Sword and Shield have taken the top spot on the UK sales charts. In fact, Pokémon Sword was so popular at its release that after three consecutive weeks on top, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has also been dethroned.

nintendo switch

It’s fair to say that Pokémon had a very strong opening weekend, especially where the UK physical sales are concerned, breaking records for 2019 as well. It seems that while Pokémon Sword debuted at number one, it’s also the biggest exclusive game of the year in the UK. Additionally, it also boasts the third biggest physical sales launch of 2019, behind only FIFA 20 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The Pokémon franchise also takes up three of the spots in the top ten, though for sales purposes Ukie combined Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, and the dual pack, and found that these titles have earned the second biggest launch for Pokémon games in UK history, unable to beat the success of Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Behind Pokémon Sword Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order debuted at number two and boasts a very strong opening weekend. It was able to take the title as the fourth biggest launch in the UK for 2019 so far. Although sales were down 33% from Star Wars: Battlefront II, this isn’t taking into consideration all of the digital sales. So what’s the breakdown for which console make up the majority of the player base? As it turns out the PS4 version accounted for 66% of physical sales on the UK chart, while the Xbox One version accounted for the remaining 34%.

star wars jedi fallen order

And this latest UK sales chart is just full of surprises because last week’s Death Stranding release is down a whopping 71% in sales week over week. If you’re curious which games took the top ten spots, you can check out the full list below.

1) Pokémon Sword
2) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
3) Pokémon Shield
4) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
5) FIFA 20
6) Luigi’s Mansion 3
7) Pokémon Sword & Shield: Dual Edition
8) Death Stranding
9) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
10) Mario & Sonic At The Tokyo Olympic Games 2020

What do you think about this past week’s UK sales charts rankings? Are you surprised by any of them? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for updates!