Here’s What the New Apex Legends Update Is Set to Fix
Earlier today Respawn Entertainment revealed that the next big update for Apex Legends is right around the corner, arriving on all systems early next week. In addition to telling fans when to expect these incoming changes, they also detailed what to expect as well.
It turns out there’s quite a few improvements set to drop for the free-to-play battle royale title. According to Respawn this update is set to fix a slew of issues including sounds dropping out, sounds missing for an extended period of time, or the distortion of sound within the game that happens occasionally. What’s even better is that the volume of enemy footsteps close is set to be increased which means they won’t be able to sneak up quite so easily. For the full list of patch notes, you can check them out here. Below is a summary of what to look forward to.
- Improved audio engine to be around 30% more CPU efficient, lessening the chance of distortion or dropouts.
- Lowered impact on data loading through code and content changes to improve potential dropout issues.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Lowered the master volume of all sounds during the character select screen through the end of the drop sequence.
- Lowered the volume of Wraith’s ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch.
- Increased the volume of close proximity enemy footsteps for all Legends.
- Increased the priority of enemy footsteps to ensure the sounds play even in heavy combat situations.
- Slightly lowered the volume of Pathfinder footstep sounds heard from the first person view.
- Fixed missing or quiet dryfire (out of ammo trigger click sound) and low ammo (the progressive change in sound that the gun makes as the magazine approaches empty) sounds for the R301, Hemlok, Flatline and RE45.
- Increased the volume of the music that plays when winning a match.
- Added more detailed audio to the Training mission.
- Fixed occlusion bug for the “wind down” sound for the Havoc.
- Fixed issue with automatic weapon fire sounds occasionally getting stuck on, usually after a Legend respawns.
- Fixed bug with RE45 missing tail sounds (the echo in the environment after the shot) when in close proximity.
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES AND CHANGES
- Fixed issue with the Fortified Passive ability for Gibraltar and Caustic where they would take damage through shields.
- Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield.
- Admittedly it’s been fun to see the results of this but the behavior is not intended by design and could get out of control. Items will no longer stick to Gibraltar’s Gun Shield, however, it will now deflect Arc Stars.
What do you think about the incoming update for Apex Legends? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for updates!