Because Guns and Hearts Go Together
A bit of something new for a game that’s still new. Respawn just launched Apex Legends but are hard at work to plug the issues and add content. For their first update, they’ve added a few Valentine’s Day rewards.
For the cosmetic collector, anyone who revives a squad member between 2/13 and 2/19 will earn the “Live Die Live” Banner Badge. In addition, the “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR Skin will be available while the event lasts. Aside from those rewards, the dev team implemented a number of fixes to the overall stability of the game. Check a look.
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
To help some legends out, the Arc Star weapon will now function more like a grenade. When thrown, it shall now warn enemy players to its proximity. Unfortunately, the latest patch doesn’t fix the crashes that players have reported. Though the game is still a work in progress, in some regards, that hasn’t slowed down Respawns 25-million player count. Expect updated info as we learn more.
Apex Legends is available to play for free on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.