Final Fantasy VII Remake Is Still Dominating Famitsu’s Charts
Famitsu just released its weekly charts for the most wanted games and the Final Fantasy 7 Remake topped it once again along with Devil May Cry 5. In fact, most of the top 5 games are the same as last week with the exception of Dragon Quest 11 S, which replaced Catherine: Full Body Beyond.
The Final Fantasy VII Remake still has no fixed release date, but Devil May Cry 5 is set for release on March 8, 2019, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
In a recent interview, Devil May Cry 5 director Hideaki Itsuno spoke about the game’s London setting.
“I came to London constantly, working with Ninja Theory on DmC Devil May Cry, and I kind of fell in love with this amazing architecture, where you have these buildings that have clearly been around a long time and they have this amazing gothic look and then on the first floor it’s a McDonald’s! And I fell in love with that mix of the old and the new and thought that it would work really well with Devil May Cry. I had been here all the time, so I sent some of the dev team on a trip to do location scouting, to get a sense of what it is.”
Take a look at Famitsu’s full top 10 list below. All of the votes were made by Famitsu readers during the period of January 31 to February 6.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,171 votes
2. [PS4] Devil May Cry 5 – 723 votes
3. [PS4] Super Robot Wars T – 591 votes
4. [NSW] Animal Crossing – 514 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S – 412 votes
6. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 410 votes
7. [PS4] Dead or Alive 6 – 360 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 343 votes
9. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 342 votes
10. [PS4] Code Vein – 340 votes