A New Year of Fallout
It sits on top of a rocky foundation, but Fallout 76 is still kicking and seems ready to go for the rest of the year. Today, Bethesda Softworks revealed their 2019 roadmap for the game’s content updates. Here’s what loyal wastelanders can look forward to.
There will be a total of three major updates throughout 2019, updates that Bethesda highlighted over on their website alongside an apology for the game’s issues. The updates start in the Spring, with the all-new Wild Appalachia. It’s a new zone with new quests and features. Apparently, it’s the location of the undiscovered Nukashine brew, a place where players can potentially distill their own drinks. Players will also have access to the deeper wilds where new beasts may lurk. Through exploration, they may find the Purveyor who lets everyone scrap their old Legendary goods for new Legendary goods.
Check out everything else there is to find in Fallout 76’s Wild Appalachia update:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
In the Summer following, another major update comes in the form of Nuclear Winter:
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
Last but not least, the Wastelanders update will bring a new quest where choices matter. But of course, fans have come to expect as much from a Bethesda title. Expect new questlines, new factions, and new details as we approach the Fall season.