Get in the Christmas Spirit With the New Overcooked 2 Update
There’s nothing like a little co-op kitchen madness to mark the Holidays. Today, Team 17 and Ghost Town Games has announced that a free festive update for Overcooked 2 is now available. You can see the trailer below.
Known as ‘Kevin’s Christmas Cracker,’ the free update adds a bunch of extra goodies including five new “Christmassy” kitchens, three new recipes (mince pies, Christmas pudding, and hot chocolate), an elf and snowman chef, a new practice mode, and additional online features.
Here’s a quick overview:
- Five Christmassy kitchens!
- Three sweet new recipes: mince pies, Christmas pudding and hot chocolate!
- Two new chilly chefs – elf and snowman!
- Practice mode – unlimited time, unlimited orders. Cook as much as you like!
- Additional online features – support for 2 local players to play with or against 2 other local players over an online connection
The new content can be found in the Extras menu from the main title screen. To access the new Practice Mode, players will need to be in the Campaign World Map before selecting the new mode. In addition to extra content, the developer also squashed some bugs and made some fixes. You can read all about them here.
This is the second major update for the game since its release in August. The October Surf ‘N’ Turf update added tropical-themed kitchens and recipes to the mix as well as a New Game Plus mode.
Overcooked 2 is available now on Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and Steam.
Are you excited to try the new update? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.