The Developer Previously Confirmed That There Won’t Be a New Assassin’s Creed in 2019
Though they’ve publicly confirmed that there won’t be a new Assassin’s Creed entry next year, Ubisoft’s Chief Creative Officer, Serge Hascoet, said recently that the possible annualization of future game releases depends on their “quality”.
When asked by Game Informer if the Assassin’s Creed series will consistently release annually again, Hascoet initially said “No” but then added “it depends.”
“What we did was we built two teams – one in Montreal and one in Quebec – and we wanted to give them enough time. I played Assassin’s Creed Odyssey last November, and it was nearly finished,” Hascoet said. “For us it’s not a question of annualization, it’s more a question of quality. If the team has enough time to produce and polish something, if it’s at the highest quality, I think people can enjoy an experience of 80 hours every year. It’s possible, but I’m not saying we will have one every year. It’s not the plan.”
Whatever Ubisoft decides to do with the franchise in the future, the latest entry, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, is launching this Friday (for those who haven’t purchased a special edition of the game already). You can read our review of it here.