Nintendo Had a Lot of Indie Games Show Off!
A total of 23 indie games were shown during Nintendo’s “nindies” showcase on Tuesday. Notably, the showcase revealed that Undertale, Bastion, and Transistor were launching on the Switch later this year.
Undertale will release on the Switch on September 18th, Bastion on September 13th, and Transistor in November 2018. Also, an indie game titled Into the Breach was shown during the showcase and launched on the same day.
Nintendo also announced that they had launched a new channel on the Switch that’s all about indie games.
Here’s a rundown of some of the other indie games that were shown:
- Hyper Light Drifter: Special Edition (launches Sept. 6th): features exclusive Switch content, new weapons, and a new outfit.
- Towerfall (launches Sept. 27th): multiplayer game with six-player battle mode & four-player co-op.
- Treasure Stack (launches Winter 2018): a puzzle game reminiscent of Tetris; can be played with up to 4 players in co-op mode.
- Zarvot (launches Oct. 2018): a game about cube friendship (yes, seriously); there’s a versus mode with 5 game modes & a Switch exclusive character named Joy-Vot.
- Mineko’s Night Market (launches early 2019): a game where you play as a girl who runs a market & goes on adventures; has over 20 hours of content and four regions to explore.
- The World Next Door (launches early 2019): a story-driven game about developing relationships with magical creatures; also has a local 1v1 mode.
- Samurai Gunn 2 (launches early 2019): a 2D game that can be played alongside another players; has a versus mode with up to four players.
- Bullet Age (launches November 2018): a co-op action game that’s a Switch exclusive.
- King of the Hat (launches early 2019): a multiplayer game that can be played with up to four players locally; features ranked online multiplayer & has a 15 character roster.
- Levelhead (launches November 2018): a multiplayer puzzle-platformer game that has “hand-crafted” levels that are made by other players; can be played with up to three other players & levels can be created with your friends.
- Untitled Goose Game (launches early 2019): a game about an obnoxious goose that likes ruining peoples’ days.
Several other games: Desert Child (December 2019), Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut (September 13th), Jackbox Party Pack 5 (October 2018), Dragon: Marked for Death (December 13th), Light Fingers (September 20th), and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (October 2018).
So, what did you think of this showcase? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!