Rocket League Is Getting Ready for the Summer!
The latest update to come to Rocket League adds a new beach-themed map titled “Salty Shores” along with a lot of bug fixes and more customization options for the game’s vehicles.
The update also adds a “Report Server” function to the game. Players can now report a troublesome server midgame “for investigation”. Also, the next competitive season of Rocket League (Season 8) has started and causes a “soft reset” that requires players to “do placement matches in each playlist to recalibrate”. However, even just winning half your placement matches can almost get you back to the ranking you had the previous season.
Unfortunately, minor issues involving visuals, performance and some aspects of online play come with this new update. For example: “In some cases, users may not be able to invite Party members to trade immediately after leaving a match.”
Finally, here’s a list of all the bugs this update fixes:
- A player’s Rank now correctly displays on the post-match screen
- Fixed an issue causing Orange team-specific Presets to incorrectly preload during matchmaking, causing them to appear late once the map loaded
- [Xbox One] Fixed a crash/performance issue
- Fixed Boost activation occurring one frame behind input when client runs above 60 FPS
- Boost Audio and visual FX will no longer continue to play after boost is deactivated
- Fixed an issue with physics state quantization that led to cars occasionally “settling” at inconsistent suspension heights (thank you to Rocket Science for reporting this)
- Improved loading performance that was causing some players (particularly on PS4) to experience stutter in the first 5-10 seconds of matches
- Fixed players who have initiated a Forfeit Vote being unable to see the Vote to Forfeit option afterwards
- The “Keyboard Input Acceleration Time” option is once again available in the Options – Controls menu.
- Fixed the “Favorite” button sometimes disappearing in the Garage Car Body tab
- Fixed issues with car preview sometimes breaking when quickly switching garage tabs
- [Switch] Improved scrolling performance when viewing items in the Garage
- Tread glow on ‘Season 3 – Star’ Wheels has been restored
- FX on Draco Wheels have been restored
Rocket League is available now for the PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Switch and Xbox One.