Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun Brings Samurai Action on Dec 6
Daedalic Entertainment and Mimimi Productions will present their real-time tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun at the Tokyo Game Show 2016. Show goers will be able to get their hands on the game which is gearing up for a Dec 6, 2016 release for PC and a 2017 release for Xbox One and PS4.
In the year 1615, a new Shogun rises to power in Japan and strives to bring peace to the realm. In his battle against rebellion, he recruits five specialists with extraordinary skills for assassination, sabotage, and espionage.
One part of this team is Hayato, an agile ninja, who clears the way through his enemies silently with sword and shuriken. The Samurai Mugen is a bit more straight forward and can defeat more opponents at once at the expense of flexibility. Aiko is a master of camouflage when she distracts enemies as a Geisha, and the street child Yuki places traps and lures the enemies towards their deadly fate. Takuma, however, relies on his sniper rifle and takes care of the enemies from a distance.
The player has to carefully evaluate his options in order to master the challenging missions: how will the characters behave as a team? Which one is best equipped for each task? How can they master the given environments best? Come up with your own ingenious tactics to vanquish enemies and complete missions.
- Comeback of a genre: Real-time tactics with stealth elements
- Ninja, Samurai, Geisha, Trapper and Sniper – five simultaneously playable characters with unique and versatile skills
- Challenging missions, worthy of a strategical mastermind
- Thirteen missions with a free moving isometric camera perspective
- Beautiful environments of the Edo period of Ancient Japan