SMACH Zero, the first handheld console to play Steam games on the go, has revealed its final retail price at this year’s gamescom. SMACH Zero pre-sales will open on November 10th, starting at a reduced price of $299.00. Pre-sale orders will ship out in Q4 2016. To stay tuned about early birds and time limited pre-sale offers, you can sign up for SMACH Zero email newsletter here.
SMACH Zero is a third party hand-held Steam Machine, not developed by Valve Corporation. It was previously called the Steamboy Machine. Here is the announcement video for the new price:
If you are interested, here are the SMACH Zero’s specs:
- AMD embedded G-Series SoC “Steppe Eagle” with Jaguar-based CPU and GCN-based Radeon graphics
- 4 GB RAM memory
- 32GB internal memory and SD Card Slot
- USB OTG
- 5-inch Touch screen with 720p resolution
- Configurable tactile gamepads
- HDMI video output connection
- Wi-Fi conectivity
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 4G mobile network connectivity (PRO model only)
So, in other words, the SMACH Zero won’t be nearly as powerful as the Steam Machine consoles, but it will be a pretty cool portable option for those looking to play Steam games on the go! Keep an eye on this site for more updates as they come out.