The Mummy Demasted is Coming to PS4, PC, Switch, and Xbox One
We already learned earlier in summer how badass the retro-flavored game based on this summer’s The Mummy film was going to be shockingly badass, but we now know The Mummy Demastered’s release date is October 24.
Instead of playing Tom Cruise or his likeness, you’ll playing as an agent of the Prodigium organization that is in the business of killing mosnters. The game is described as a “16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure.” In the game, you’ll use modern weapons on like submachine guns and flamethrowers against ancient evil. It’s a nice clash of aesthetics that really works in the game favor. Wayforward, of course, is no stranger to doing solid 2D retro games that play beautifully.
Here are some of the key features via Wayforward:
- Stunning retro-inspired graphics and atmospheric chiptune soundtrack
- Shoot-’em-up action meets exploration-based adventuring
- Fight for survival against swarms of horrifying enemies and bosses
- Obliterate monsters with an arsenal of weapons including grenades, a flamethrower and more
- Uncover and collect 50 hidden relics
The Mummy Demastered will be coming to PS4, PC, Switch, and Xbox One later this month.