Some Improvements to One of the Best Games on the Nintendo Switch
And here we are with an update for what has become Nintendo’s best-selling game on the Switch. Even so, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn’t without some nicks in the design. Thus, here are some game fixes and changes.
Update 1.2.0 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe helps players who fall behind in the race. In addition, Nintendo has added functionality to the Pikmin-themed amiibo. Now, anyone who uses it gets an in-game suit; one of the several changes you can find in the notes below:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Just some changes here and there to make a great game even better. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available now for the Nintendo Switch. Check back for updates on games and Nintendo as they come our way. Until then,