Beloved Genres Combine in New Indie Title
Merge Games has announced a brand new Indie game IP titled Monster Harvest. The game combines monster capturing gameplay from series like Pokemon with farming and resource management seen in games like Stardew Valley or Story of Seasons –all packaged in a cute 2D pixelated art-style.
The game is being developed by Maple Powered Games, a small Canada-based Indie studio. It will be released digitally on May 13 for PC and Nintendo Switch, with further digital releases for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One coming June 3. Physical releases for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 versions will release on June 4.
Here is the official description taken from the game’s Steam page:
“Monster Harvest is a monster collecting and farming action RPG with a twist! Grow, collect and mutate your crops then take them into battle! Filled with places to discover and multiple ways to build your farm, get ready to craft, explore and battle across the vibrant world of Planimal Point.”
The game will feature 72 different Planimal mutations to create and collect through the game’s farming mechanics. Some of which will stick with you through turn-based battles as you adventure out to take down the game’s evil corporation, SlimeCo.
Here is a list of notable features present in the game:
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Take your loyal companions into battle as you look to save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo.
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark – Strange weather and seasons shift what the player can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point – Discover the people and creatures that live there, build relationships to gain discounts in stores.
- Craft dozens of items for your farm and your house.
You can view the trailer for the game below.
SOURCE PRESS RELEASE