Build and Manage Your Very Own Alien Space Station
Kalypso Media and Realmforge Studios made history today when they announced that Spacebase Startopia is now available for pre-purchase on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, making it the first Xbox Game Preview for the Series S|X. This colorful game is half city-builder, half base-management sim, placing you in the driver’s seat of a donut-shaped space station that needs a lot of renovations and a ton of redecorating. The fibrant and absurd universe it creates will also a ton of cool (and kinda cute) aliens, a variety of bizarre ways to fill the needs of your alien patrons, and provide the occasional splash of RTS gameplay. Spacebase Startopia really does have it all.
Game features include:
- Single player campaign with 4 fully voiced single player missions
- Learn with 5 fun tutorials
- Competitive and a cooperative multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Multiplayer mode: Quick Match, Skirmish Mode (8 out of 9 levels unlocked), CoOp first 4 Missions
- Individually configurable sandbox mode
- Build lots of rooms across three very different decks to offer everything that the visiting aliens could wish for
- Manage a melting pot of different alien races, each with their own individual – and sometimes contradictory – needs and desires
- Produce and trade resources to turn a profit, while running sabotage missions against your competitors
So what are you waiting for? Get ready to carve out your own little slice of beautiful, cel-shaded paradise among the stars–assuming your management skills are up to the task. VAL, the game’s sardonic AI, will provide support and color commentary on the many decisions you can make. Just watch our for space pirates out to ruin your day.