Several DriveClub Games Won’t Be Playable Online After Next March
Online servers for DriveClub, DriveClub VR, and DriveClub Bikes are closing down on March 31st, 2020 at 23:59 BST, Sony announced recently. Also, those games and their digital content (such as DLC and season passes) will no longer be sold on the PlayStation Store after August 31st, 2019.
“All online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date,” Sony said. “You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in single player offline modes.”
According to Sony, after the servers go offline, players won’t be able to:
- Use your season pass online.
- Represent your Club online in multiplayer events or tours.
- Play online multiplayer and compete in challenges.
- Create your own events.
- Compete in leader boards, or share stats and player progress.
However, players will still be able to:
- Use your season pass on all single player and offline modes.
- Continue to play all game (DC, DC VR and DC Bikes) and DLC single player functionality in offline mode.
- Earn trophies in single player / offline mode.
What do you think of this news? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.