Escape a Frozen Underworld
Debris us an underwater FPS that comes with dreams (or nightmares) of leaving the ice. As you embark on the subterranean adventure of a lifetime, you quickly find yourself fighting for survival. More than that, you’re struggling to maintain your grasp on reality. The game by Moonray Studios is here with a long-awaited co-op mode that lets players explore ice and sanity with a friend.
Developed with the intel of medical professionals, Debris is an action-exploration experience that delivers a dose of psychosis. You’ll swim through the murky depths of the Arctic Ocean, eliminating obstacles with every new discovery. Part of what makes the narrative so compelling is how it couples beauty with the promise of adventure. However, players are quickly environed by unsettling circumstances.
You can dive into Debris as either Ryan, a videographer, or Sonya, a promising engineer. You’re part of an expedition searching for a meteor deep within the ice, which carries the promise of hyper-efficient energy. Once you’re stranded beneath, it’s a gambit to the surface or the promise of an underwater grave. Worse, a mysterious force seems to be holding you back from salvation.
- A mysterious story that leaves you questioning everything. The story of Debris unfolds in the communication between players as they struggle to navigate and unravel why they’re trapped and how they can escape.
- Multiple endings dramatically impacted by key choices.
- An unconventional, narrative co-op mode where your partner matters and tensions are high. Three lives are in the balance. One has a light, one has a gun; one sees everything, one hears everything; one is lost, and one is stuck. But everyone thinks they know what’s really going on.
- Living, breathing characters voiced through conversational dialogue.
- Everything you can do is tied to power, which counts down continuously. Debris is full of choices, all dependent on the time you have, the time you lose, the time you need and the time you are willing to spend.
- A unique underwater setting like nothing you’ve ever seen. With 8 axes of movement (including buoyancy), players glide through the arctic labyrinth and quickly discover that their prison is home to strange bioluminescent flora and fauna, prey and predators of light and darkness.
You can experience Debris’ co-op on Windows PC and Mac OSX on Feb. 26, 2018. New buyers can take advantage of a 50% discount at launch.