Free Content Update Patch for Shadow of War Also Rolling Out
The all-new story expansion for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, called Blade of Galadriel, has been released today alongside a new patch that brings new features to the game.
Blade of Galadriel will let players control Eltariel, an elite Elven warrior and Nazgûl hunter. Eltariel is a deadly assassin who works for the Elven queen, Galadriel, to take down the Nazgûl threat. Eltariel comes equipped with dual Elven blades and a “host of new combat abilities, skills, and gear.”
The expansion also adds new Nemesis characters to the mix and will shed some light on the mysteries of the Nazgûl. A new Eltariel character skin and eight new Legendary orcs can be acquired for use in the main story mode campaign.
A patch that adds new content to the game has begun rolling out as well. They are detailed below:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.
Owners of the $40 Expansion Pass can start downloading the new story DLC right away. It can also be purchased separately for $15 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Another story expansion titled The Desolation of Mordor is slated to be released in May 2018.
Will you be playing the new Shadow of War expansion? Let us know in the comments below.
SOURCE: Press Release