Stardew Valley set to conquer Mac, Linux after huge PC debut
Stardew Valley has been a huge hit on PC, and now the long, painful wait is finally over for Mac and Linux players, as the acclaimed farming and life has officially come to those platforms.
Developer Chucklefish has announced on its blog (with thanks to GameSpot) that the port has finally gone live, after what it characterizes as months of hard work. Stardew Valley originally launched back in February on Windows PC, and quickly gained a huge following, selling over 1 million copies in just two months. All that love has apparently encouraged the developer to bring the game to other platforms.
If you are on PS4, Xbox One or Wii U, don’t be sad – you will be getting the game as well, according to Chucklefish. They confirmed back in June that the game is coming to those platforms soon, and the team is hard at work as we speak.
Chucklefish is also apparently working to bring multiplayer to the game, and a big update. Here is more about the upcoming cooperative multiplayer mode and the 1.1 update:
- Version 1.1–A substantial content update
- Co-op multiplayer
- Localizing for non-English regions
- Mac/Linux ports
- Console ports
Version 1.1 Details (subject to change)
- More late-game content
- New farm buildings
- New crops
- New artisan goods
- New advanced farming/producing mechanics
- Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
- More marriage content for all spouses
- More events for the non-marriage NPCs
- Improvements/additions to mining and combat
- Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
- More bug fixes
- More secrets
- More small, fun touches to the world
Stardew Valley is an indie farming sim/rpg developed by ConcernedApe and published by Chucklefish Games. In it, the player takes the role of a character that takes over their grandfather’s farm in a place known as Stardew Valley. They clear land, plant and tend crops, raise livestock, craft goods, mine ore, and engage in social activities, including romance and marriage.