Last June Corsair unveiled a prototype of Bulldog, a powerful gaming platform that packs the sheer performance of a full-size desktop gaming PC into a gorgeous new all-black, whisper-quiet console chassis designed for the living room. At PAX Prime, Corsair is showing off the refined Bulldog production version that they say will ship in the 2015 holiday season (though the Bulldog website currently quotes Q1 2016). The new all-black design looks both industrial and sophisticated – perfect for the living room.
Bulldog is a DIY kit that utilizes some cleverly engineered Corsair components to pack legitimate 4K ready hardware into a living room appropriate chassis. It’s damn impressive, and complete with liquid cooling for both the CPU and GPU. Designed for Intel Skylake processors, Bulldog has an integrated motherboard with high end features – simply add a processor, storage and compatible graphics card.
Liquid cooled GeForce GTX 980 Ti graphics cards, developed by Corsair and MSI, will be available separately from Corsair in the US. In addition, Corsair will sell a liquid cooling kit for graphics cards, comprised of an HG10 cooling bracket and Hydro Series H55 liquid cooler, for users that want to upgrade their existing graphics card.
The initial release of Bulldog is designed with PC do-it-yourselfers in mind, with a builder-friendly layout and tool-free features, while using industry standard mini-ITX motherboards and SFX12V PSUs for maximum future proofing. The Bulldog DIY kit includes the chassis, power supply, CPU cooler, and motherboard, will be available at year-end at a suggested price of $399 USD – a very reasonable price for the included components.
- Bulldog chassis – Highly ventilated, stylish, compact console design enhances living spaces and keeps PC components cool and quiet
- 600 watt SFX power supply – Highly-efficient, cool and quiet in standard form factor
- Hydro Series H5SF small form factor liquid CPU cooler – Quietly cools the fastest CPUs while exhausting heat from the chassis.
- Mini-ITX motherboard
- Intel® Z170 chipset with support for 6th generation Intel Core™ processor
- PCI Express 3.0 16x slot
- 2 memory slots with support for 32GB of DDR4 at 2400MHz+
- USB 3.0 and SATA ports
- 7.1 channel audio, via S/PDIF optical or 3 analog ports
- Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth 4.1
- MSRP: $399 USD (available late 2015)
Bulldog will be available at the end of 2015. Get the latest on Bulldog from Corsair and of course right here at COG.