NieR Automata Is the Top Seller in the First Week of March
Square Enix and Yoko Taro are at it again, but without actually doing anything. In Japan, the land of RPGs and Pokemon cafes, NieR Automata has taken the no.1 spot in sales. This is a full year after the game’s initial release.
Below, you will find the sales chart for PlayStation 4 digital sales from the Japanese PlayStation Store (courtesy of DualShockers). This is for the period between February 26th and March 4th. Following are Capcom’s Monster Hunter World and Konami’s Metal Gear Survive.
- NieR: Automata
- Monster Hunter World
- Metal Gear Survive
- Girls Und Panzer Dream Tank Match
- Rainbow Six Advanced Edition
- Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullett
- Dynasty Warriors 9
- Secret of Mana
- Dragon Ball Fighterz
- Dragon Quest III
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
- Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
- Destiny 2
- Crash Bandicoot N’Sane Trilogy
Since its release, NieR Automata has received numerous accolades, including The Game Award for best RPG. Likewise, it was recognized for its musical score, which became the most acclaimed of 2017. And in celebration of its 1-year anniversary, Square Enix decided to sell the game at a deep price cut. Whereas Monster Hunter World would have returned to its spot at no.1, after being overtaken by Metal Gear Survive, NieR: Automata resurged a year later.