A New Game Comes With New Surprises
It’s time for Norse wanderers everywhere to set their calendars because Sony just revealed that God of War’s New Game+ will launch as a free update on August 20th. This is two months after CEO Shawn Layden announced the update back at E3 2018.
New Game+ will allow players to restart the main storyline with all their progress intact. All items, level-up bonuses, and discoveries will carry over in the new playthrough. Of course, in order to initiate New Game+, you must beat the storyline on any difficulty. The next campaign will then proceed as normal, but with Kratos wearing whatever armor set players donned at the end of their last journey.
However, God of War’s New Game+ will be more than a simple rehash of the campaign, To compensate for the player’s acquired skill and upgrades, enemies will be tougher. They will have higher levels and come with additional tricks. In order to fight these higher level opponents, New Game+ will also bring a new tier of armor. Higher level items will be available through the world, to bolster Kratos and Atreus against opponents, Additionally, if you’re in a rush, cinematic cutscenes will now be skippable – No more single-shot camera work.
Here are all the new features that will be present in God of War’s New Game+
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
Sony Santa Monica boasts that this update will be their biggest God of War update yet, and it is the immediate result of player feedback. Will you be diving back into the game? Comment down below.