Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Beta Dates Revealed
Call of Duty fans have been waiting in anticipation to find out when the beta for the upcoming Call of Duty game would be. Today Activision and Treyarch have finally announced this news, but not without an added surprise. In addition to finding out which dates the beta will drop, Black Ops 4 is getting two betas!
That’s right, both companies have revealed that there will be two betas for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 this year. One for regular multiplayer, coming out next month, and another to try out the brand new Blackout mode set for September. Here’s the official announcement from Treyarch: “Today, we’re thrilled to announce some very exciting news: this year, we’re delivering not one, but two Betas for our Black Ops fans! The Private Multiplayer Beta kicks off on August 3rd, first on PlayStation 4, followed the next weekend by the Xbox One and PC. Then in September, a brand-new, uniquely Black Ops, battle royale experience comes to life in a first-ever hands-on with our new mode, Blackout, first on PlayStation 4.”
So, when are the dates? You can check them out below.
- PlayStation 4 (Starts: August 3 at 10:00 PT – Ends: August 6 at 10:00 PT)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (Starts: August 10 at 10:00 PT – Ends: August 13 at 10:00 PT)
- PC Beta Early Access (Starts: August 10 at 10:00 PT) *exclusively on Battle.Net
- PC Open Beta (Starts: August 11 at 10:00 PT – Ends: August 13 at 10:00 PT)
Treyarch says those who get involved with the betas will earn a unique calling card for Black Ops 4. In addition to this, for every player that reaches max rank in the beta, they will earn a Permanent unlock token to apply to any create-a-class when the game comes out in October!
Treyarch detailed what would be available for the private multiplayer beta including:
- Six maps (including two brand new ones)
- New specialists as well as returning ones Nomad and Prophet
- Game modes: TDM, Domination, Hardpoint, Search and Destroy and Control
You can find out all the details here on the Treyarch blog and here on the Activision Games blog. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 launches on October 12th for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you excited to get in on the action next month? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to keep it locked for updates!