The Issue Was Stopping Players from Connecting to PUBG at All
Earlier last week PUBG launched another limited-time game mode, a 50-player deathmatch that put ten teams of five against each other on PUBG’s desert map, aptly named ‘Desert Knights‘. However, not even a day later, the mode had to be pulled from the game due to it stopping players from connecting to PUBG altogether.
The event, that was kicked off on the 3rd, was supposed to last over the weekend, but was pulled after less than 24 hours. Players had less than a day to test out the new game mode for themselves. PUBG made the correct decision here, as it’s better to shut down the event completely if there’s some issues, instead of leaving up a completely broken experience that could put people off of limited game modes as a whole.
PC Players: The emergency maintenance is now complete.
Unfortunately, we’ve had to prematurely end this week’s event mode, as it was found to be the cause of recent server instability. Our engineers are working hard to ensure this problem doesn’t occur in the future.
— PUBG Help (@PUBG_help) May 4, 2018
With Season 4 of Fortnite just starting, and getting so much praise from its players, it’s a shame that PUBG is having servers issues over the weekend during peak hours. If they do ever decide to bring back the ‘Desert Knights‘ mode then this is what you can expect from it:
War Mode Rules:
- All players are grouped up in teams of five. Each game will have a maximum of 50 players (up to ten full teams).
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is small—but slightly larger than the previous iteration of War Mode—and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills and knocks (when your opponent is “down but not out”) earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
- Kill: +3 points
- Knocks: +1 point
- Own Team Kill / Own Team Knock: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
- Each time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in planes that fly by every 40 seconds.
Loadouts, Loot, and Care Packages:
This time around, players spawn with top-tier equipment that’s normally found only in care packages. This includes:
- One random care package weapon (AWM, M24, Mk14, M249, Groza, or AUG)
- A level three vest
- A level three helmet
- Two grenades
Other Event Rules:
- Weather is locked at sunset.
- Bleedout damage when knocked is increased.
- Reviving knocked teammates takes only two seconds.
- You can invite up to four players from your friends list to your party before
- jumping into game. Any remaining open team slots will be filled by the auto-
- matching system.
- Care package drops are disabled.
- Killer spectating is disabled.
- Redzone is disabled.
Did you get a chance to play the game mode? Let us know what you thought if so!