The Popular Battle Royale Phenomenon Gets a New Update
A new update for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) went live for PC players on Wednesday and it adds a whole lot of new changes to the game.
The update added map selection, weapon balance fixes, new weapon attachments, a new semi-automatic rifle, a new vehicle called the “Mirado” and also made some tweaks to make swimming underwater a less effective hiding tactic.
The update made some changes to the game’s latest map “Miramar” as well. Here’s a list of those changes:
- We’ve increased the size of the oasis and added more buildings nearby
- We’ve added extra farming points by placing small building sets near various cities and towns
- We’ve reduced the number of buildings in some city areas to cut down on excessive building density
- We’ve removed some excessive cover points (rocks, drums, boxes) inside various cities and towns
- We’ve added more objects like trees and rocks throughout the map to provide some additional options for cover in wide-open spaces
- The interiors of certain buildings have been simplified
More PUBG news: 15 PUBG players were arrested last week for hacking.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is out now for the PC, iOS, Android and Xbox One.