Monster Hunter Reigns After Three Weeks
We are into the third week of Monster Hunter World’s lifespan, and today just happens to be Wednesday, the day Media Create releases its weekly chart numbers in Japan. Also, it just happens to be Valentine’s day, so the latest numbers may prove that this is a worthwhile game to gift a loved one. Just saying.
Media Create has released the numbers for both hardware and software sales in Japan. Below, you will find the total sales from February 5th to February 11th. It seems the PlayStation 4 has taken the lead in both software and hardware. Both may be a result of Monster Hunter’s popularity in the region. Japanese gamers have a long-standing relationship with the series, even though this latest iteration only recently made it big in North America.
- Monster Hunter World – PS4 – 159,613/1,750,969
- Dynasty Warriors 9 – PS4 – 117,495/New
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet – PS4 – 75,623/New
- Splatoon 2 – Switch – 23,461/2,021,028
- Shadow of the Colossus – PS4 – 21,900/New
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Switch – 19,210/1,327,107
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – Switch – 15,755/129,815
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – PS4 – 14,237/82,968
- Super Mario Odyssey – Switch – 13,912/1,601,866
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch – 12,087/859,764
- Dragon’s Crown Pro – PS4 – 11,691/New
- Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 3DS – 9,654/1,548,683
- Mario Party: The Top 100 – 3DS – 6,436/155,782
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Switch – 5,625/19,547
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch – Switch – 4,512/114,728
- 1-2-Switch – Switch – 4,477/395,563
- Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Sword/Magnum – 3DS – 4,437/501,342
- ARMS – Switch – 4,322/364,806
- Pokkén Tournament DX – Switch – 4,320/222,781
- Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. – Switch – 3,373/214,492
- PS4 – 59,691
- Switch – 43,404
- PS4 Pro – 11,615
- New 2DS XL – 6,031
- PS Vita – 4,133
- New 3DS XL – 3,581
- 2DS – 904
- Xbox One X – 209
- Xbox One – 52
Interestingly, it seems Shadow of the Colossus did not debut very well in Japan. Then again, it is a remake. Opinions on such things tend to vary. Coming in 2nd, we have Dynasty Warriors 9 debuting with respectable numbers. At 3rd, we have Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet with 75,623 copies sold at launch. Otherwise, we have the usual suspects in the top 10. Nintendo Switch titles are and shall remain big sellers.
While Monster Hunter World has been released on Nintendo platforms for years, the game has sold better than ever now that it’s on PS4 and Xbox One. Six-million units and counting. What are your thoughts on the latest chart numbers? Let us know by commenting down below.
Happy Valentine’s Day.